When we arrived late morning on Friday, we had time to wash the boat and rest a bit before friends from home picked us up for lunch and an afternoon of visiting and provisioning. We enjoyed lunch with Bob and Peggy Morgan, the Long's insurance provider for many years. We ate at Jason's Corner, a local restaurant in old downtown New Smyrna. After lunch we enjoyed walking the main street and stopping into a local artist gallery. Afterwards Bob and Peggy took us to Walmart to get a few items, and then we found an ice cream spot. The rain chased us back to the car, so they took us back to the boat and stopped in for a tour and a visit on the boat. After they left, we relaxed and organized the new items on the boat.

Later that evening, we went up to Outriggers, the restaurant/bar at the marina, and had a drink. We returned to the boat for leftovers for dinner.

The next day there were several weather warnings on our app - a tornado watch until 11am; a small craft advisory throughout the day, due to winds and waves; a frost warning for overnight; and gale force wind watch throughout the day and overnight. We weren't planning to travel anyway as it was Karen's birthday. She was in charge of picking the activities of the day. Of course she picked a walk to the local farmer's market where she picked up some tomatoes and blood red oranges. Next we discovered the public transportation in town, so we took a bus ride to a recommended breakfast spot, Wake Up Cafe. It was delicious! Tony had the usual biscuits and gravy and Karen had a special that included Spanish grits, runny eggs (one of her favorites), and a guava mozzarella empanada. And bottomless coffee and a mimosa (more of her favorites). Since it started raining and blowing hard during breakfast, we spent some time after breakfast wandering through some shops in the plaza near the restaurant. Karen found a few items to purchase while Tony found a comfortable chair by the door.

Because of the rain, we took the bus back to the boat early afternoon and spent time relaxing and then trip planning. The sun came out again so we went out again. This time we walked towards Flagler Avenue and found another ice cream shop. Karen picked out her favorite, peanut butter soft serve. We ate it while walking to Starbucks for Karen's birthday reward, a piece of banana bread that we'd save for breakfast. Then we took the bus back towards the marina and ate at a restaurant nearby that came recommended by several locals, Merk's. We enjoyed a half order of nachos and peel and eat shrimp.

Then next day was daylights savings. We thought we'd set an alarm, but didn't and ended up sleeping in a bit and getting a little later start. We did enjoy our Starbucks banana bread for breakfast!